Tuesday, September 30, 2008

9/30/08 Reading Module

We did not have science methods today, but we did have an online assignment. The online assignment was to read chapters 3 and 4 of Ready, Set, Science and then answer the questions on the reading module.
I learned a lot from reading the chapters and enjoyed reading about the case studies on air pressure. I thought it was interesting to learn about teaching core concepts about science over years, rather than teaching it in one year and then going on to something else. It is hard for students to comprehend so much in so little amount of time. So, I think that teaching these core concepts over an extended time period is a great idea to help students really learn the concepts. Overall, I thought the chapters were really informative and the reading module helped me to think about what I had read.

No comments: